ESI Registration has become mandatory for a business employing 20 or more persons. For ESI contribution, it will require all employees to have to earn less than Rs. 21,000/- per month.
Employeeâ€™s State Insurance(ESI) is an independent social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. For employees employing INR 21,000 or less per month, the contribution of employer 4.75 percentage and contribution of the employee will be 1.75 percentage, total share at 6.5 percentage. This reserve is controlled by the ESI Corporation (ESI) and according to the guidelines of ESI Act 1948, which manages the provisions of medical and cash benefits to the employees and their family through its network of sub-offices, dispensaries and hospitals throughout the country. Mainly the contribution of ESI is self-governed to the corporation under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. But most of the clinic and medical institutions or hospitals are run by their own state governments.
ESI Registration Procedure
1. The company can apply for registration by submitting the Employerâ€™s Registration Form (Form-1).
2. The For is available in the PDF format on the website. Log in to the official Website and fill in the form and submit it to ESIC for registration.
3. A registration number, a 17-digit unique identity will be provided to the organization after a Verification process. The filings can be successfully done once you receive the 17-digit number.
4. An ESI Card is provided to the employees registered under the scheme, on submitting a form with photographs and details of family members.
5. The registration is permanent and the number is valid for the lifetime for the company. If any new changes, such as employee additions, has to be uploaded to the ESI.